© The Secret Restaurant Ltd. 2009 | Company Number 7976620
The Secret Restaurant Ltd. is a responsible catering company and we recognize that our activities have an impact on the environment.
We recognise that our activities have an impact on the environment arising from our consumption of raw materials, energy and water and from our generation of waste and emissions to land, air and water. In order to minimise that environmental impact we are committed to complying with all environmental legislation, regulations and codes of practice relevant to the industry sector in which we operate. The Secret Restaurant is committed to continual improvement and prevention of pollution and continual improvement in our environmental performance and minimising the risks of pollution arising on our sites. The Secret Restaurant will ensure that the environmental policy and policy statement be documented, implemented, maintained and communicated to all employees. We will achieve this by ensuring that all employees understand this policy and the environmental impacts of our business and provide environmental training appropriate to employee responsibilities. The environmental policy will provide the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets. The Secret Restaurant will actively engage in the following:
• use local and recycled materials where appropriate
• use renewable resources in preference to non-renewable
• be paper free where possible
• make efficient use of natural resources by minimising waste and conserving energy and water
• minimise waste and make efficient use of energy and materials on our sites and in our offices
• segregate our waste for recycling or reuse whenever conditions permit
• implement our policy through a formal environmental management system
• work with our suppliers to ensure they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their products and transportation
• work with our suppliers to recycle packaging
• work in partnership with our suppliers to ensure effective environmental supply chain management and to promote sustainable
sourcing of products and materials
• keep transport use to a minimum and regularly service our vehicles to maintain their efficiency
• minimise our use of fossil fuel by maintaining a modern, well serviced and efficient fleet of vehicles and the promotion of good
• maintain liaison with the local communities in which we work
The Secret Restaurant will ensure that the environmental policy is made available to the public and made available to anyone who legitimately requests it.
The Secret Restaurant will review this policy annually to take into account changes in the organisation, legislation or any other external factors.